Welcome to the Mount Baker Club
For over 100 years, our all-volunteer organization has served the Whatcom County area.
We invite you to join us and participate in our many activities. Our purpose is to provide regular opportunities for hiking, biking, snow-shoeing, cross-country skiing, canoeing, and kayaking, and social get-togethers. Joining the Mount Baker Club is a great way to meet new friends and explore the area. We also promote and support the maintenance and conservation of recreational areas which are of interest to the club’s members. All events and activities are open to the public at no charge.
NOTE: The Forest Service Winchester Lookout, maintained by the Mount Baker Club, is now closed and locked. The lookout will no longer be available as a shelter from November to approximately May. The winter closure is due to user damage during the winter. We are sorry to have to do this, but vandalism at the shelter during the winter has increased to intolerable levels. If you had planned to use the lookout this winter, travel self-contained and be prepared with your own shelter. Click Here For More Information on details about the closure.
Until the state pandemic plan is ended or modified, we hope that all club members will follow these general guidelines for all phases, which are to:
- Engage in physical distancing, staying at least six feet away from other people
- Wear cloth face coverings in public places when not eating or drinking
- Stay home if sick
- Avoid others who are sick
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water (use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available)
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Disinfect surfaces and objects regularly