Welcome to the Mount Baker Club
For over 100 years, our all-volunteer organization has served the Whatcom County area.
We invite you to join us and participate in our many activities. Our purpose is to provide regular opportunities for hiking, biking, snow-shoeing, cross-country skiing, canoeing, and kayaking, and social get-togethers. All events and activities are open to the public at no charge.
We also promote the conservation of recreational areas which are of interest to the club’s members. Joining the Mount Baker Club is a great way to meet new friends and explore the area.
Since Whatcom County has now moved onto Phase 2 of Gov. Inslee’s Safe Start Washington plan, we are happy to announce that we can restart scheduling club activities following the Safe Start Washington guidelines. Until the pandemic plan is ended or modified, we hope that all club members will follow these general guidelines for all phases, which are to:
- Engage in physical distancing, staying at least six feet away from other people
- Wear cloth face coverings in public places when not eating or drinking
- Stay home if sick
- Avoid others who are sick
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water (use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available)
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Disinfect surfaces and objects regularly
As our public lands begin to reopen from the CoViD-19 closure, it is important for us to recreate responsibly. Here is a Seattle Mountaineers website that gives guidelines for just that.
Due to the CoViD-19 restrictions, every membership paid for 2020 will be extended to the end of 2021!